Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring has finally sprung!


Hello Everyone!!
I am so excited to share some new products that I have been using recently.  Momenta sent me a hug box of goodies--beautiful acrylic stencil paints in a rainbow of colors and a mound of stencils!  I have had so much fun using these very versatile products.   Over the next week I will be posting projects that I have used to create these home decor projects. If you want to learn a little bit more about the paint themselves check out this video below from Momenta.


Today I want to share how I created this colorful one of a kind birdhouse.  The Momenta paints are very creamy and have such great coverage, I was able to apply just one coat of paint on most of the areas.  I was looking to create my birdhouse with a whimsical look that is colorful and fun! I have often created birdhouses but used die-cuts and patterned paper to do that.  I wanted to challenge myself and create my own textures and patterns by using stencils and paint in place of the patterned papers.  

This small birdhouse was purchased at Hobby Lobby for under $3.00. (bargain!!) I began by painting a base coat of several different colors on different parts of the birdhouse.  Once all of the base colors were chosen I began to stencil.  Below you will see how easy it is to cut the Momenta stencils in difficult areas like the peak of the birdhouse.  I LOVE THIS about the stencils.  You can still use them after cutting them in different areas or simply lay the different pieces together to utilize the stencils back to their original size. 


You can create patterns with the single stencils like I have done below with the arrow.  The unlimited ways you can use Momenta's stencils really impresses me.  Here I used the blue paint on the yellow background and love how it popped!  

On one side of the roof I first stenciled a chevron pattern and from there I used this smaller stencil to then add dots--creating texture--to the chevron pattern.  The possibilities are really endless with the use of these stencils.  

I hope that you enjoyed seeing how I created this one of a kind birdhouse!  Stay tuned to see what else I have made with these great products from Momenta.



Peace, 
kathie




2 comments:

Catherine Scanlon said...

Gorgeous Kathie, LOVE it so much! THANK you -- have a wonderful day!

Kathie Deluca said...

Thank you so much! You too doll face!