Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Make a Wish....


Hello Friends!
Today I would like to show you this adorable card that I made with a cute stamp set by Catherine Scanlon Designs.  I used the Flower Stamp 2 set from her collection over at Art Gone Wild!  I also used her Metal Ovals die set.  
This is the Flowers Stamp 2 Set


As you can see I made the flower my focal point of the card.  To begin, I stamped the image with with Black Momento Ink and fussy cut the flower and leaves.  I then used my Derwent Inktense Blocks to color the flower and then for the leaves I used Distress Stain.  Once that was done I used Distress Crackle Paint on the flower and leaves and set them aside to dry.  Once they were dry I used Distress Stains in Pine Needles & Mustard Seed over the Distress Crackle.  Love how it seeps into the cracks of the Crackle!  In the middle of the flower I used red sticky tape and micro beads to create the center.  This adds some cool texture. 

To finish up the card I used my sewing machine to add some sticking around the edges of my patterned paper, added my sentiment, and then a couple of pearls to finish it up.  For the oval mats, I popped them up with foam tape before adding the flower.

Thanks for visiting!  Come back every day for the rest of the week to see more great projects that I have created with Catherine's great designs.  On Thursday I will also be part of a fun blog hop that I know you won't want to miss.  If you haven't already click on the right to become a follower of my blog!

Cheers~ k.



3 comments:

Dana Barnes said...

Lovr love this card!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

Its gorgeous, love it!! Thank you Kathie!!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

Its gorgeous, love it!! Thank you Kathie!!