Saturday, March 01, 2014

Simple yet Elegant!

 
Good Morning Friends!
Last night in the studio I created a quick and easy card that I love the results of.  I have this Queen Anne's Lace stamp from Catherine Scanlon Designs and I have generally always used it as a framework and added watercolor to it.  Today, the card I created used a different approach where I embossed the image with white embossing powder on some really pretty solid paper and the results I think are amazing!

To begin, a trick I like to use when embossing is to run a dryer sheet across my paper to help with any possibility of embossing powder sticking where I don't want it.  It is a household item I always have on hand and it gets the job done!  Next, I simply stamped the full image once with Versamark ink and then stamped only a portion of it a second time.  Sprinkled on the white embossing powder, and used my embossing gun to emboss.  Super simple and very quick.
  
here are my supplies for that
After that was all set, I wrapped some seam binding around the card and made a sweet bow.  On a simple card like this it allows me to use some embellishments that I have in my stash without the card looking over done.  Finally, I mounted the card front to the base and called it complete! 
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project, and also make a girl feel special and follow my blog! :)
 
Have a great weekend,
k.
 

No comments: