Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Welcome...

Well hello there!  Its been awhile.  Time flies so quickly; why is that?

What do you think of my 'new year new me' look?  I think the new appearance of my blog is refreshing.  A little bit outside of my box, but think I like it....well actually a lot. 

So, I would like to begin by saying welcome!   I'm not sure if this is your first time visiting...if it is...feel free to follow my blog over on the right hand side of this page.  :)  That way you can keep up to date with my class dates, products for sale, and know when I post a new technique or project.  If you have visited my blog in the past, thank you for taking a peek again.

As many of you know I am in the midst of my student teaching.  I have just over five weeks left with for my business education end of it, and then another 8 weeks for special education.  My graduation date is May 22nd, and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by since I began this journey.  I have begun applying for jobs for next fall. {keep your fingers crossed}

We have had a number of substantial snow storms this winter here in Rhode Island, with another today.  School was cancelled so I tucked myself away into the studio and created a few projects, here is a card I did. 


This beautiful card was made with a new stamp I received created by Catherine Scanlon Designs.  It is a little on the bigger size, and when I looked at it I was like WHOA!  So many ideas ended up popping into my head, I just couldn't wait to get 'inky' with it!  Well, today the snow day enabled me to do just that!
 
To begin, I stamped the whole stamp using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  This made the background so elegant.  It is subtle, but soooo much better than nothing!  love it!  Ok...so for the main focal flower I stamped the image with black Archival ink and colored the image using Distress Stains and Perfect Pearls.  They came out so pretty!  love how variegated the petals are all on their own. 
 
For the ribbon, I simply used seam binding and again, the Distress Stains and the Perfect Pearls.  Here is a tip:  when dying the binding, use a heat tool to dry it, keeping it wrinkled; it creates a beautiful aged looking ribbon. 
To top off the look of the flower, I used Distress Stickles on it to give it a vintage look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you follow my blog, or leave a comment to let me know you were here!
Have a great day!
k.






2 comments:

Michele said...

Awesome Kathie!

Jan Weddell said...

Love this card! It was hard to tell how you did the background,but I really like the embossing affect. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!