Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Little Tag Fun

Hey Everyone!

Things in New England have been so snowy and beautiful this winter.  Most people in this area often complain and moan about this type weather....whining they have 'had enough'....I say LET IT SNOW!  With all of this snow, we have had a few snow days off from school so I have been able to head into the studio for some extra down time.  I have been working on a ton of projects and I wanted to share one with you today!

I began a short time ago looking for a more portable method to my art-journaling.  I began carrying manila tags with me in my bag, and I would doodle with black Faber Castell Pitt pens and later watercolor them in.  Once day when I was creating a mixed-media canvas I pulled a tag through some excess ink....and next thing you know I am creating some mixed-media tags to go with my 'art-journaling tags. 

Here are some tags.  I used manila tags from AVERY, and did all the techniques I would do on the canvases. 

All of the products for this project were products I already had on my shelf...often times when we create it is just a matter of stepping out of our comfort zones and using products we don't normally reach for and making something awesome! I used Dylusions Ink Sprays, stencils, did some doodling, used pigment inks, gleatos on book text, and my favorite Light Modeling Paste!  Many of the techniques are fussy....but the results are so yummy!
Look closely at the center of the sunshine; I used a stencil
with the Liquitex Light Modeling paste and an old circle
stencil. It adds such texture!
I made this supper yummy ribbon by using some seam binding, water, and again using Dylusions Ink Sprays with a different purpose.  Love when products have multiple uses.  I love that about Ranger Products!
 

I hope you try some of these techniques and let me know what you think!
 
If you are local and would like to take this class with me I am teaching it at this coming Sunday, March 2, click----------> (HERE)  for more information.
 
 
If you don't already follow my blog....please do!  Because who doesn't like new followers?!? :)
See you again soon.
k.


No comments: