Sunday, July 28, 2013



Hi Everyone!

Here to share some creative crafty goodness with you.  I love participating in challenges because they often take me outside my creative box.  Hope you join in!
Here what I came up with for the Whatever's -Two:
Click here-----> Click to find out more about this challenge
 
A 9 x 12 art journal page


Creators of The Whatever's websites:
Catherine Scanlon
Martha Richardson
Vicki Chrisman 
Nat Kalbach
Cuchy Sanchez


 

altered Idea-ology clock
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the two little children I did a image transfer on sticky back canvas for my art journal page.  You may notice that they are sitting in a different direction.  So if you look closely, you will see the fraying edges of the canvas on the page.  I like the different texture it adds to the picture.  I freehanded some lettering to say, "As Time Passes we learn from our mistakes and grow stronger."  This quote is just what I was feeling at the moment when I was creating the journal page.  I like the non traditional way I wrote the quote around the outside of the paper, leaving the children as the main focal point.  The hearts around are meant to represent love between these two and are cut on out vintage music paper and colored with Gelatos and then topped with Distress Stickles. 

  The clock has so many little goodies!  I love this vintage style assembly of ribbons that hang off the side of the clock.  Great way to display ribbon you just love and have a hard time parting with!  This gives you the opportunity to enjoy it and use your product so your don't end up a collector!

The clock has a sentiment on the front from rub-ons.  It is more of an inspirational quote that tells the story of these two little ones.  It says, "time after time.....always and forever....no regrets....stand boldly."  I just like the message it passes on . I used flowers along the bottom.  The back of the clock has some vintage book text adhered to it and there is a hanging lite lantern hanging from the top of the clock.  I love this element!!!


The main quote is around the edges as I mentioned before, but here is my personal journaling.  I wrote something from my heart.  I just write....whatever comes to mind is meant to be there! :)  I added some dimension to the art journal page with embossing some wildflowers in white embossing powder.  I love how it came out and popped a somewhat drab page. 
 

 Here are my completed projects.  Comments are always welcomed....isn't that what we live for??  LOL and feel free to click to link on the right to follow my blow!  Hope you enjoy my version of the Whatever's and I look forward to seeing what you came up with also. 

3 comments:

lizziesmiles said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the warm colors. Very romantic too!

lizziesmiles said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the warm colors. Very romantic too!

Cuchy said...

WOW the clock is stunning! Love how you put the rub-on text over the glass.
Beautiful page too.
thanks so much for joining us