Sunday, March 10, 2013

Look at what I found popping out of the ground today!  Mother Nature evidently doesn't know that spring is around the corner but my daffodil and hyacinth bulbs do! I thought this was a perfect picture for my blog post today. 

I was outside photographing my birdhouses when I looked down and saw the green popping out of the ground. 

Some of my crafty friends may remember this birdhouse I created when I was in a monthly club at RAH.  It is so beautiful and honestly one of my favorite pieces of mixed media art I have ever created.  Every angle of the house shows something different and inviting.  You can look at it for hours and always see something you didn't see previously.  I love to alter birdhouses.  Over the past couple of years I have had a few of them on display at RAH and they always caused such a stir.  I thought it was time to create a new one with SPRING in the AIR!
The details of the crackle pain makes me soooo happy!  Nothing like a good c.r.a.c.k.l.e  I used spun sugar DISTRESS CRACKLE and then used tattered rose DISTRESS STAIN to bring out the depth of crackle.  Many MFT Die-namics were used to make the flowers and the flourish.  I love the nest and the new tenant...mr. green bird.  I stamped the fence with a damask stamp to add texture. Home Sweet Home stickers make you realize this is just what it reads.
 
 
 I used Echo Parks Everyday Eclectic papers for this project and I love how using two different patterned papers make this flower so dimensional.  I used Glossy Accents to make the effect of early morning dew drops.  sweet huh??!



The patterned paper for the roof was so perfect.  It looks like I stenciled it but it is only paper, doused with biscotti perfect pearls.  I sanded the edges and  used nice chocolate chalk ink to add dimensions.  I used a flourish on both sides of the roof to add visual effect.  Its so pretty in person, I tried to capture some of the glimmer on the "shingles" on film. 
Love all the details together and think this one came out so sweet!  Hope you enjoy it too!
 
These wooden birdhouse can be picked up at Michael's for $3.50 with a coupon.  Makes a great gift!
 
hugs! k.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Kathie, these are very beautiful!! You are such a talented artist!!!