Tuesday, January 20, 2009









WOW! The power if HP!

My blog has been overloaded today with very welcomed visitors. Thanks for visiting! Many of you were expecting to see some instructions on the piece that was featured on the HP Newsgram, so here you go!!


Above is a sampling of some pictures from our fall day to the farm. I am a scrapbooker so when I take my pictures I make sure I cover the basis with many different photos that will tell a story all by themselves even without journaling.


I print all my pictures is 4x6, and then I choose several of them and print them in 2x3, and then several of them in wallet sizes. One advantage to a layout of this sort is that you are able to fit soooo many photos on a page that even in a two page layout it could never happen.


At this point I take a ruler, cutting mat, x-acto knife, and a 1" hand punch. On the wallets and the 2x3 photos if I can use the hand punch I do. For all the other pictures I use the x-acto knife and ruler to cut each picture into 1" squares. It is tedious at first...but...as you can tell its worth the effort!


Next, I put each square onto a 12x12 piece of card stock with removable adhesive. By using this type of adhesive you can move squares as you fit in additional pictures. When you choose photos you don't have to use the whole photo, instead just make sure you crop it into even inch increments so you can get full 1" squares from it.


You can save a portion of the layout to add a title or other elements.


Once you have the whole layout as you like you can then put permanent adhesive onto it to keep it securely in place. You can add it into an album or display it in a frame as I did here.


Feel free to visit often and ask any questions if needed. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project.

1 comment:

MaryNSC said...

I just think it is WONDERFUL.. Lots of work . U did. But it is wonderful I love it. Thank U for sharing..