Thursday, January 08, 2009


Peg Stamps.

Product Highlight
Peg stamps are a stamp that is mounted on a wooden dowel. They come in two sizes --small, and smaller...tee hee...ok, tiny. Today on this card I used all tiny stamps. You could mix the two, but I chose to use all the same this time. I like to use Trio masking tape. This tape allows you to mask off an area then take it off as well as reuse it over and over a few times. It comes on a roll and so you can make it any length you want. It also comes in several widths. A few things about this tape, it is very similar as a post-it note type of tackiness, but, it stays tackier longer..it lines up so much easier and gives you a nice crisp line. Sometimes when you use a post-it note to do this the lines don't line up as well and aren't as crisp. These stamps come in a lot of different floral shapes with many different flowers and foliage. In this one I used some hearts as well. You add some stickles and they are beautiful and quick to make. I use versa color ink with them because the ink stays wet a bit longer and they work perfectly for this type of technique.
I do teach this class several times a month and the class is always a favorite. The effect you get from a solid piece of cardstock, a few inks, and stickles is quite amazing!! Have you tried them before? What was your outcome?? Any tips you would like to add??? Give me some comments!!!

2 comments:

kc71595 said...

WOW! That is a beautiful card! I thought all the stamped area was actually fabris or scrap paper. You do an amazing job! I don't have the patience to work with stamps. I've tried, not for me. But you have a great talent. Thanks for sharing!

MaryNSC said...

I thought that was a ribbon material.LOLOLOL WOW UNREAL.. Love it