Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friendship...
People measure friendship in many ways. Here is the official definition.
friend 
–noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal
regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.–verb (used with object)
6. Rare. to befriend.—Idiom
7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.

I am lucky to have many good friends in my life. Everyone knows my BFF is Maria, followed closely by Kimba and my long time friend Sarah-bo-darah. But last week I have to admit that I let material items sway BFF status for a brief moment. On Christmas Eve I received a call at work from my husband asking me (in a not so happy voice) who the new pan set was for that was under the Christmas tree. I got defensive and said, "I don't know what your talking about", and he said in a more defensive voice, "The pot and pan set that's under the Christmas Tree"
and I asked, "Is it in a box? Maybe there something else in the box", he says, "I am looking at four new pans." Then I hear the kids....in the background....."you weren't suppose to tell her!!!"

My Pampered Chef consultant Rachel Nguyen dropped off the pan set, placed it under the tree with a message to the kids, "Tell Mom Santa came early" Are you even kidding me!!! I had to call her and thank her immediately before even seeing the pans. She was very excited and told me that she was happy to give it to me and knew I would love it and it was her pleasure. Amazing. I do love it, will use it forever and it makes me happy not only to look at it but also to cook in. A perfect gift in my opinion.

Of course I had to call Maria and tell her....immediately.... she made me confirm the fact that I still loved her best even though she didn't even think about buying such an extravagant gift. I crossed my fingers and told her "of course". Then later that afternoon she dropped me off a new Christmas apron which I loved and she went back to the top.... Ok, I'm easy.....

Enjoy your day!!

3 comments:

stampinkaf said...

What do I need to drop off to move up on the status bar??? lol... OH Kooky, I know Ill ALWAYS have a place in your heart... I dont need to bribe you!!!

Kisses,
Kimba :)

KOOKYDELUCY said...

not too far to move my friend...your right on top!!! love you!!!

Rachel Nguyen said...

Kooky,

It warms my heart that I was your bff, even for a moment, LOL. I will treasure that always!