Wednesday, July 16, 2008



Korie goes to Africa!

My cousin Korie is the one holding the soccer ball. The best thing about this picture is that she is wearing a skirt. My cousin Korie dosen't normally wear skirts. So my family and I have really gotten a chuckle out of this. The funniest thing of all is that when she was a young child her mother dressed her in custom made clothing with lots of ruffles, plantoons, matching hats..the whole nine yards!!!! So, I believe for her not to wear skirts at this point in her life is because her mother completley scared her for life in all those fancy outfits as a child!! LOL. Anyhow, she is one of my youngest cousins and I am so weirdly emotional about her going into the Peace Corps. Its a big wad of proudness, excitement, jealously, scaredness..... but mostly I am proud of her for following her dreams. Here is her blog if you would like to follow along on her journey. Also, for all you insane card makers, feel free to send her a card with encouraging words. Its a long way from home!!

No comments: