Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Spring--the most wondrous time of the year....
These four little beauties are in our bush outside the front of the house. Every time I pull in the driveway or open the back door the mommy robin flies from the nest into one of the surrounding trees. It makes me feel bad to spend time in the front yard because I know the mommy must want to be with her babes. It amazes me as I study the nest to see how intricate the building of it is. I am trying to teach my kids not to be rude and fresh and this tiny little bird can survive outside in the winter time AND was born with the necessary instinct to build this amazing abode. The bottom is supported by sticks woven between the branch of the bush, then the nest part is made and intertwined to be sturdy enough to support her as well as her four eggs. Then as time passes to hold her four babies. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Because I am so intrigued by this nest the girls keep looking up the bush to see it, wanting to hop on each others back to see it. Before I know it, it will end up on the ground and the eggs will be scrambled. :o) So the reason I took these pictures were so they could see the eggs without putting the nest in any danger. I thought I would share it with all of you because it is so precious.
Spring is my favorite time of the year because of the hope, promise, and the beauty it produces. I plant flowers each year with the hope they come up the following year as the care card promises it will. Snow covers the ground several times a year in New England and these plants still survive. It just amazes me....year after year. I love it!!
Its been a tough week for me. I have tried to find some strength in the beauty God puts before us to enjoy. The simple things so to speak. What is your favorite season of the year? Drop me a line and let me know.
Have a great day!

No comments: