Wednesday, August 22, 2007


Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world. ~Ada Louise Huxtable
Ahhh.......
Living in Rhode Island sometimes I take for granted the beautiful ocean I have right here under my nose. Some people across the country would love the opportunity to be able to drive less than 45 minutes to enjoy a day of lavish waters and soft sand between your toes. Me on the other hand just made it to the ocean last week for the first time this year. Each year I vow to go more the next summer...it never seems to happen. When the girls and I went last week with a girlfriend of mine and her kids it was just beautiful. We were lucky enough to sit in a spot where we were safe from some horrible winds the other end of the beach goers experienced. The six kids played all day without a problem. Maria and I sat, chatted, enjoyed watching the children and every two seconds I asked either her or the kids if I looked like a bronze goddess. They all assured me each and every time "almost". {Its nice to surround yourself by people that make you feel good.} LOL.
A few years back my grandmother Charlotte celebrated her 85th birthday and our family had gotten together to have a celebration. My aunt had gathered up a ton of photos of her through the years and made a beautiful slide presentation, it was set to music and the whole nine yards. There were pictures of her and her husband(s), my mother and her sisters all lined up by age in their matching outfits and haircuts, and there were nice pictures of her and her four daughters each year at Christmas time. Ever since then I had realized that the type of pictures I took weren't even close to being slide show worthy. Most vacation pictures never left evidence was even there. So I have been conscious to take better pictures of the girls together, and with me, pictures with Chris, my mom, their cousins, all so I could make a spectacular slide show for any reason at any given time. So, here is a picture of me and my girls enjoying a day at the beach in our swimsuits, just as we are........without any tensions, and renewing our spirits. Ahhhh.....

1 comment:

dorothy erdely said...

...a beautiful picture! can't wait to see how you scrapbook it!!!! luv ya, dorothy