Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summertime

This is the best time of the year for our family. My parents have three children, I am the youngest and have two brothers. In the summer it is a time for us to all reunite at the common gathering place of my parents pool. The pool was put in about 35 years ago. {I was three!} Although we all live in the same state, my parents, my family, and my oldest brother all live within two blocks of each other and my other brother only lives a 15 minute drive away. Most times during the colder months we don't see each other all that often. Come summertime that all changes. All 11 of my parents grandchilden along with their friends, other extended family members, and close friends all gather here for a great summer of water, fun, ice cream in the afternoon, and memories. That is what summer is for after all!! Memories.

We love spending our days lazy by the pool being cool.
I made this card today which really says it all.
"Summertime...and the livin' is easy"

1 comment:

Tracey Robinson said...

Cousin!!! (waving enthusiastically)

So happy to see you check in on the blog. No, I have not heard from that loser Ms. Martini-Ricci in FOREVER. FOREVER. If you talk to her, tell her she's got some 'splaining to do.